This month our guest is dear Basto! Have fun.
1. How did you get into DJing?
Through My dad. He”s been a dj for nearly 40 years so my brothers and me literally grew up between turntables, cd players and loads of records.
2. Who were some of your influences when you started DJing?
3. Do you prefer DJing or producing songs?
It”s a different ballgame alltogether. Barely comparable. DJing is all about grasping the moment, while making records is more like an office job. DJing is the short term adrenaline rush, while making a record can take a lot of time, and you”re always working in the long term.
4. What advice or tips would you give a young deejay?
Play stuff YOU like, not just what everybody”s playing or what”s in the Beatport top 10. Also, don”t limit yourself to new tracks. There”s a ton of ignored older treasures out there.
5. What is the best part of life as a deejay?
Going places and meeting people, hands down. It”s just incredible being able to do that and while being paid. More